Components Evaluation Reports feature of Assembly+ module enables batch exporting of various mass properties (e.g. mass, moment of inertia, axes of inertia, etc.), material properties (e.g. density) and geometrical properties (e.g. bounding box) components in the SOLIDWORKS assembly.
Command can be accessed from the menu, toolbar or command tab box
Command is available in SOLIDWORKS assemblies.
It is recommended to export report from the fully resolved assembly
Once command is invoked, Property Manager Page is displayed allowing to specify input and configure parameters.
- List of component to include into the mass properties report
- Option to include all components from all levels. If this option is checked the selection box will be disabled
- Option to include all hidden bodies and components into the mass calculations
- Option to specify the coordinate system to calculate mass properties relative to
- Coordinate system if the above option is selected
- Scope of the parameters to include into the report
- Component Name
- File Path
- Bounding Box
- Center Of Gravity
- Surface Area
- Principal Axes Of Inertia
- Principal Moment Of Inertia
- Moment Of Inertia
- If checked, system units are used in the report (m-kg-sec), otherwise the currently assigned assembly user units are used. Note, these are the units assigned to the SOLIDWORKS model, which might be different from the units in the SOLIDWORKS Mass Properties tool.
- Start the export process. Save File dialog will be displayed with an option to select an output file in CSV or Excel format
- Cancel the export process
If errors occurred during the export processes, the following message box will be displayed.
Each failed calculation will be marked with the #VALUE! cell in the output file.
For the excel file hover the mouse over the cell with error to see more information about the error.