Export Mass Properties feature of Assembly+ module enables batch exporting of the mass properties (mass, moment of inertia, axes of inertia, etc.) and bounding box from components in the SOLIDWORKS assembly.
Command can be accessed from the menu or toolbar
Command is available in SOLIDWORKS assemblies (lightweight assemblies are supported).
Once command is invoked, Property Manager Page is displayed allowing to specify input and configure parameters.
- List of component to include into the mass properties report
- Option to include all components from all levels. If this option is checked the selection box will be disabled
- Option to include all hidden bodies and components into the mass calculations
- Option to specify the coordinate system to calculate mass properties relative to
- Coordinate system if the above option is selected
- Scope of the parameters to include into the report
- Component Name
- File Path
- Bounding Box
- Center Of Gravity
- Surface Area
- Principal Axes Of Inertia
- Principal Moment Of Inertia
- Moment Of Inertia
- If checked, system units are used in the report (m-kg-sec), otherwise the currently assigned assembly user units are used. Note, these are the units assigned to the SOLIDWORKS model, which might be different from the units in the SOLIDWORKS Mass Properties tool.
- Start the export process. Save File dialog will be displayed with an option to select an output file in CSV or Excel format
- Cancel the export process