This feature allows reading, adding and modifying custom properties for SOLIDWORKS files, configurations and cut-list items directly from Windows File Explorer.
This feature does not utilize SOLIDWORKS API, so it is not required to have SOLIDWORKS installed on the machine to use this feature. It is however required to have SOLIDWORKS Document Manager SDK installed. SOLIDWORKS Document Manager SDK is available in the SOLIDWORKS download package.
Note, it is not required to request Document Manager License key to use Properties+ - it is just required to have SDK installed.
SOLIDWORKS Document Manager SDK is automatically installed with the following programs:
- SOLIDWORKS PDM Client
- SOLIDWORKS eDrawings
If any of the above is installed on the machine - it is not required to install SOLIDWORKS Document Manager SDK.
Properties+ command can be found in the context menu of Windows File Explorer under the SOLIDWORKS file types (*.sldprt, *.sldasm, *.slddrw) and on the folder.
Properties can be managed by accessing the commands in the File backstage menu and ribbon toolbar
- Source of the files
- This Document - load properties for the input document only (e.g. assembly)
- Top Level References - load properties for the source document and all top level children
- All References - load properties for the source document and all references
When folder is specified this option is replaced with the following allowing to select top level files or all files from sub-folders:
- Load properties for the document only (Custom tab)
- Load properties for all configurations (configuration-specific properties)
- Load properties for cut-list items (weldment and sheet metals)
- Expand all items with one click
- Collapse all items with one click
- Export resolved property value to the Excel file
- Export formula expressions to the Excel file
- Import custom properties from the Excel file
- Add new property
- Remove selected properties
- Revert non-saved changes of the selected properties
- Path to the current file or folder
- Save all changes to the files
Document can be saved from backstage menu.